The policy applies to the information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- [Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.]
- [When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.]
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by RADICLES or any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries; or
- any third party including our affiliates and subsidiaries, including through any application or content including advertising that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including, personal information (defined below), your communications with us, or from third parties. We collect “Personal Information,” which means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, credit card information, or phone number. In addition to Personal Information, we collect information that is about you but does not individually identify you, such as information that has been anonymized such that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
We collect Personal Information when you choose to provide it to us including when you:
- Register an Account
The Website gives you the option of creating a user account (an “Account”). If you decide to create an Account, you will provide us with certain information, such as your user name and password. You are not required to register to use this Website.
- Purchase a Radicles Product
When you purchase a RADICLES product using this Website, you are given the option of logging into an Account or checking out as a guest. In either case, when you purchase a RADICLES product, you will provide us with information, such as your name, email address, and shipping address.
- Make a Payment
When you make a payment through the Website, you may need to provide information to our third party payment processors. Such information may include information, such as your credit card number.
- Submit Information to the Website
We collect information you submit to the Website. For example, when you post a review of a RADICLES product on the Website or refer a friend to RADICLES using the Website, the Website will collect the information in your submission to the Website. If you choose to submit content to any public area of the Website, such content will be considered “public” and will not be subject to the privacy protections set forth herein.
- Communicate with Us
We may also collect information from you when you communicate with us. For example, you may send us information by writing an email to us, subscribing to the RADICLES newsletter, or making a reservation for an event hosted by RADICLES. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Take a Survey
From time to time, we may contact you to participate in online surveys. If you do decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain information. For example, you may be asked to provide contact information as well as information about your height, weight, gender or date of birth.
- Information you provide about a third party
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend about RADICLES, we may collect your friend’s information, such as name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to purchase a RADICLES product. We store your friend’s information in order to send this one-time email and to track the success of our referral program.
- Passive Collection
The Site collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We use this data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- Tracking Technologies
- Information Provided by Third Parties
RADICLES may collect information about you from third parties or supplement the information we collect from you with additional records received from third parties. If you place an order with a third-party retailer, that retailer will send your information to Radicles so that we can fulfill you order. We also collect information from third parties in order to enhance our ability to serve you, to tailor our content to you, and to offer you information that we believe may be of interest to you.
How RADICLES Uses Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To facilitate and improve our services, and communicate with you.
- Internal and Service-related Usage. We use and retain information, including Personal Information, to improve and facilitate this Website and our services. We may also use such data to help us deliver targeted advertising to consumers that is displayed on both RADICLES websites and unaffiliated websites, to analyze interactions with and performance of our Website, to measure the effectiveness of advertising on behalf of our advertising partners, and to identify the audience most likely to respond to an advertisement. We may also use data from third parties (such as data vendors) pursuant to their own privacy policies, and enhance information (including Personal Information) that we have collected with such third-party data. We believe that the use of such information is helpful to providing users with better services. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please follow the opt-out process described below under “Choice.”
- We may send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
- We may use information about you, including Personal Information, to send you information about RADICLES’s products and services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts been you and us, including for billing and collection.
- We may use anonymized, aggregated or other data that is not Personal Information for any purpose, including marketing. These uses may include but are not limited to analyzing interactions with and performance of the Website, enabling us to improve our Website and services, and sharing such information with our business partners, affiliates, or any other third party. Similarly, we may enhance any such anonymized and aggregated data collected via our Website with other information collected from our business partners.]
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Website. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
RADICLES may disclose your information
We many disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our third party service providers and vendors.
- To comply with legal obligations.
- To protect and defend our rights and property.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “referral” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your permission.
- We may also disclose your personal information:
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of RADICLES, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
For purposes necessary during a merger, sale, or other asset transfer.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you are in the United States and make a purchase using this Website, information collected from you may be made available to select third parties who offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within thirty (30) days of your purchase. Note that if it has been more than thirty (30) days since your purchase, your opt-out may not apply to marketing initiatives that are already underway.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Upon request RADICLES will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you would like to access, update, correct, or delete any information that you have provided to us through your use of the Website, you may contact us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We reserve the right to save transaction data as is necessary to comply with legal obligations or for purposes of standard business operations.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
To manage our advertising on other sites, we engage third party advertising partners. These third party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this Website and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. Certain of our third party advertising partners participate in self-regulatory organizations, and those organizations operate websites that give you the ability to opt-out of receiving targeted ads from those partners.
To be clear, whether you are opting out by adjusting your browser/device settings or by using a website established by a self-regulatory group, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. For example, if you have opted out on your computer browser, that opt-out will not be effective on your mobile device. You must separately opt out on each device.
Please note that we do not respond to or honor “do not track” (a/k/a/ DNT) signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
If you receive an unwanted email from us, you can use the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the email to opt out of receiving future emails. We will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. We are not responsible for removing your personal information from the lists of any third party who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this policy.
If you would like to opt-out of Radicles sharing your information with third parties (such as data vendors) for non-Radicles related marketing purposes, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
Third Party Sites and Social Media Platforms
This Website may contain links to other websites and other websites may reference or link to our Website. These other domains and websites are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each and every website and application that they interact with. We do not endorse, screen or approve, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Visiting these other websites or applications is at your own risk.
This Website also contains links and interactive features with various social media platforms. If you already use these platforms, their cookies may be set on your device when using our Website. You should be aware that Personal Information which you voluntarily include and transmit online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or otherwise online, or that you share in an open forum may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We are unable to control such uses of your information when interacting with a social media platform, and by using such services you assume the risk that the Personal Information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Security of Your Information
By using the Website or providing information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Website. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Website or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Website is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
By using the Website, you will transfer data to the United States.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S Privacy Shield
RADICLES participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. RADICLES is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Frameworks, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Under the Privacy Shield Framework, RADICLES is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. RADICLES complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, RADICLES is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Radicles, Inc. may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request. Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WHEN WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS)
We rely on the following legal bases to use your Personal Information:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our products or services.
- Where the processing is necessary for the RADICLES’S legitimate interests:
- To prevent, detect and combat fraud in connection with the use of our services.
- To provide customer support.
- To optimize our service and develop new services and products.
- For direct marking purposes. This includes, for example, analyzing data to identify trends and tailor marketing messages to user needs.
- The processing is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations. We may share information with law enforcement, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes and in accordance with applicable law.
- Where you consent to allow the RADICLES to use your information. You may revoke your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of the information we collected or used on the basis of consent.
The processing is necessary for the legitimate interest of other persons or parties:
- We collect and use Personal Information to the extent necessary for the interests of other persons or the general public. This includes sharing information in connection with legal or insurance claims and to protect the rights and safety of others.
- We may also process Personal Information when necessary in regards to a substantial public interest, on the basis of applicable laws.
European User’s Rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access, review, verify, update, correct and/or change Personal Information we hold about you and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge that accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. If you would like to exercise this right, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Website), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.